View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 05:43 PM   #356
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is one thing KindleforPC does that Calibre does not and that is to download eBooks from Amazon.

Kobo Desktop does one thing you cannot do with Calibre. That is to allow you to register your Kobo.
Don't need K4PC, as I have a real Kindle. I use Download & Transfer for USB. The Amazon ebooks download fine to my laptops or workstations that run Linux.

You have have two options to enable a Kobo (unlike Kindle) without WiFi, edit sideloadedmode=true or edit the SQL database.

But you only need the Wifi once for Kobo or Kindle. My dad used WiFi in a shop to register his Kindle (Currys). You can use a friend or relative once if no shop or library that has WiFi that works just with a WPA pass (not a web log-in).

But you have already written that you can use your phone as a WiFi hot spot.

Also most Linux distros can be enabled to be a WiFi airpoint and connect to the Ethernet. A USB WiFi stick for a workstation is about €10 or less.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote