View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 02:46 PM   #79
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The reason that occurred to me is that it was his morbid jealousy of Rosa. Knowing that Neville also loved her, Jasper monitored him to make sure Rosa didn't see him. Presumably he wanted Neville alive as a suspect, just in case; otherwise he might have killed him also, as he (thought he'd?) killed Edwin.
Ahh - that makes sense! Thank you - it niggled me, like Dickens was off his game on this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
That makes sense, especially as Neville was living close to Mr Grewgious, who could be (and of course was) visited by Rosa.

In some ways it's fun trying to guess how the story would have played out, and in others, it's frustrating that we don't know what Dickens was intending.
I found it frustrating when it ended too. After struggling through it, I wanted Dickens to pull the pieces together.

But after reading more about it; how it was released as a serial, etc, it seems that the guesswork and everyones pet theories were meant to be part of the fun, rather than just an artifact of his dying.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote