View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #55
yessirrom
Connoisseur
yessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enough

Device: HTC HD2 and i-Pad
I like it. I had played with the store display long enough to irritate the staff and get a feel for the touch interface and dictionary support.

I use my reader to read a book every week or two as well as reading my scriptures. Scripture use is where the touch interface helps immensely. On the 505, if I am looking for John 3:16, I would have to go to John, press down three times, and then page to verse 16 or press down 16 times to get to that verse. Now I just press the chapter, book and verse. This is all from my converted mobipocket files.

The edges of the 600 are more rounded and it feels better in the hand to me. Both the corners and the sides are rounded and feel nice.

The cover looks to be the same size as the 505 cover. There is a more textured surface and the corners are rounded. The magnets do not feels as strong as on my 505 case either. It does fold back easily. My old case had no branding. The new one says Sony on the front and Reader on the back. It is a dark brown rather than light.

The device is charging and I have not gotten a chance to see how well the touch page turns work. I anticipate this to be way better than the button method. I read for an hour or more per session and often get finger fatigue from pressing the same button repeatedly.
yessirrom is offline   Reply With Quote