Thread: PRS-950 Writing your own Review
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 02:26 PM   #13
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abisha View Post
I'm glad that you've had success with your connection Mr. Goodbar. I too have had a relatively easy time of configuring my personal router at home. Connecting to a wifi hotspot is a whole different matter. I've tried 3 separate wifi points on on Campus (All of which are unsecured 802.11g), the Reader displays "Invalid Configuration" when viewing "WIFI Network Settings". This is rather infuriating. The men and women who are willing to pay a premium for these features are academics and professionals who are on the move. Not being able to access a standard 802.11 wifi hotspot is dissapointing to say the least. To ensure that the wifi connection was not at fault, I removed from my bag, my two year old Mp3 player and was able to successfully connect. The network was not refusing connections.
I do have one access point available to me from my current location that does not have security. I just tried connecting to it from the list of available networks and it connected within about 15 seconds just fine. I was able to browse a couple of sites without any problem. I'll try some additional testing as well and see how that goes and post the results, but so far for me wifi has worked really well.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote