View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Possibly it's something in the book's character set.

I once exported a text file of my graphic novel collection which contained a particular character (the sideways L-shaped one you get when typing Option-Return on a Mac which normally makes an invisible linebreak in apps where pressing Return moves you to another textbox/indicates end of whatever).

Every time I tried to reload/open that file on the Kindle, it would stop paging at exactly where that character was located, crash if I left it on that file too long, and refuse to open it again once rebooted.

Funnily enough, when I tried exporting it to HTML, it then worked. Although possibly the HTML export process either deleted that character or converted it to something innocuous that the Kindle didn't choke upon.

So maybe that's what's going on with yours.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote