View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #15
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Okay, I'm going out on a limb here, but I was sure that Dorothea Brande's work was in the public domain but I can't find any confirmation of this. If anybody can confirm the Public Domain status I have a copy of "Becoming a Writer" I made for myself in epub and will gladly share. If it's not in the public domain, then...well, you'll have to buy it as a pbook (I have it in pbook too).

One thing is for sure, when both Ray Bradbury and Stephen King say it's the first book you should read when becoming a writer, then it's definitely worth the read

The public domain status is as follows.

Author died in 1948 - currently at life + 60.
Book was published in 1934.

US - not PD (unless copyright was not properly renewed, didn't check the PD database).
Canada and Australia and any other Life + 50, PD (Australia treaty allows existing life + 50 up to 1954 death before shifting to Life + 70).

Life + 70 - UK and many others, not PD until 2019

RSE
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote