View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #58
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Re: Make a cover from a DVD case

Quote:
Originally Posted by anagel View Post
I read somewhere that a DVD case works extremely well with a few modifications. And you can print out a nice cover and slip it under the see-through front. You have to remove the dvd holder part and allow for the button to fit in....but try that. This way your Kobo will be protected with a hardcover case.
Nice design, seems like it would work pretty well. I bought this one http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/c=443/sku=5055205257600 for the Cool-er eReader (same machine, basically) and it fits pretty well. I like the flip-up top cover and the flip-out stand. When I read in bed at night, I just set the reader on my chest and I don't have to hold my Kobo while I'm reading. And a really great reading light for this in bed at night is one of those "headband bicycle" LED lights. I've been using one for a couple of months now, about an hour a night, and I'm still on the original set of batteries.

Also, the case slides in and out of the hip pocket of my trousers really easily.

One thing, it's a tad pricey. I think I paid something like $39.95 for it, but construction seems sound, good quality leather and workmanship is good.

Dan

Last edited by dpayment; 07-08-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Adding a comment
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote