View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 02:28 AM   #75
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by democrite View Post
Thanks pynch for all the updates. Am now preferring your work over all my other retail ePubs.

Was wondering about display when using other fonts. Perhaps the classes for small caps could add 'font-variant: small-caps;'? The character you use at the end to link back to the TOC, there's also a unicode variant: ❦. Minor things but I'm sure others would appreciate them.

btw, I'm reading Dubliners and found in the Modern Library edition a note about 228 corrections from Joyce. Know anything about that?
When I prepared this epub, it was not my top priority to make it easily changeable. And why should I? It works fine as it is.

Most reading devices can’t display the small-caps subset, so it only works with a special small-cap font, for which the font-variant specification isn’t necessary. The ❦ is in an additional file that also has all the extra characters needed for Finnegans Wake, therefore changing the fonts isn’t advisable.

Dubliners is sourced from the robotwisdom site. This seems to be temporarily offline, so I can’t check it, but from what I think to know about Jorn Barger, I strongly assume he has incorporated those corrections.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote