View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 08:17 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's a total of $387.85, which at today's exchange rate of £1 =US$1.603 is £241.90.

That makes it cheaper than the Sony PRS-600, at £250, which is the natural device to compare it with. Plus, it's an additional £40 for a cover for the Sony, so you're looking at £242 for the Kindle + cover against £290 for the Sony + cover.

I'd say that's a pretty favourable comparison, personally.
£40! A cover here is €30, which would be at around £27.

A Sony 600 costs €299, add €30 for the cover, that will make €320

A Kindle costs $387,85 (I presume that's with a cover?), which is €264.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz View Post
Don't forget you will also be running a customs and duty risk.
Yes, I'm curious about that. If it is imported from the US, from Amazon to you, you have to pay taxes over it. If, however it is imported from the US, from Amazon.com to Amazon.co.uk and then to you, would you still have to pay taxes?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote