Thread: PRS-T1
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #11
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
When you convert a book, you can choose "Look and Feel." When you click that you'll see (on the first page) "Embed font family:" My favorite font, especially for the Sonys, is Deja Vu Serif E-Book (I downloaded it from somewhere on this forum). It's a darker font than the standard Deja Vu Serif. I set my "Minimum line height:" to 130%. Sometimes I mess with the "Font size key:" (but I don't completely understand how it works). I also check "keep ligatures." Sometimes I have to go to the "Styling" tab and clear out the preset fonts and margins (it depends, I think, on how the book was created). After that I go to "Page setup" and change the margins. (I like 5.0 pt for top (the default) and 9.0 (or 10.0) pt for left and right (except on the PRS-350 and PRS-300 where I like 7.0pt) and 1.0pt for the bottom. I also choose the Sony Reader "Output profile:" (though I don't know if it makes much difference). That's about all I do, but it looks like there is a whole lot more you could do.
EDIT: I've added an image of the T2 using the settings described in this post. (Not a very good picture, sorry, but I think it shows the font well.)
An alternative to make the text more bold is to play with the Contrast/Brightness setting under Adjust View.
It works with both PDFs and ePubs without embedding fonts.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote