Thread: PRS-T1
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #9
kyrilson
Groupie
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
When you convert a book, you can choose "Look and Feel." When you click that you'll see (on the first page) "Embed font family:" My favorite font, especially for the Sonys, is Deja Vu Serif E-Book (I downloaded it from somewhere on this forum). It's a darker font than the standard Deja Vu Serif. I set my "Minimum line height:" to 130%. Sometimes I mess with the "Font size key:" (but I don't completely understand how it works). I also check "keep ligatures." Sometimes I have to go to the "Styling" tab and clear out the preset fonts and margins (it depends, I think, on how the book was created). After that I go to "Page setup" and change the margins. (I like 5.0 pt for top (the default) and 9.0 (or 10.0) pt for left and right (except on the PRS-350 and PRS-300 where I like 7.0pt) and 1.0pt for the bottom. I also choose the Sony Reader "Output profile:" (though I don't know if it makes much difference). That's about all I do, but it looks like there is a whole lot more you could do.

I'm working on my wife's Windows machine now, when I get to my regular computer I'll try to upgrade a couple (maybe a few) images.And, by then, maybe I can find a link to the Deja Vu Serif e-Book font I use. (I also like Constantia, but not so much for the Sonys.

EDIT: I've added an image of the T2 using the settings described in this post. (Not a very good picture, sorry, but I think it shows the font well.)
Some great info! I just tried your settings, and I like the result. Would be interested in that font that you mentioned. I'll dig around for it, might pop up if I do a search for it.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote