View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 06:10 AM   #3
OneiroDancer
Enthusiast
OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneiroDancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 3, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Why do you want such?
Upgrading Moon+, upgrading dictionaries, keeping it secure in the rare occasions when I connect it to the wifi to get books from my dropbox. But I get your point – for an ebook reader upgrades are certainly much less important than for phones or tablet, and as a matter of fact I didn't feel much of a REAL need to upgrade it since, well, since I bought and configured it

Quote:
Turn off WiFi
I've been told this many, many times. I don't keep WiFi active, I only activate it when needed; but battery time is awful, a few days at most, compared with a few WEEKS of dedicated readers. For example, while waiting to buy a new one I am using my previous reader, a Boyue, and the battery went down by 1% (or less) in three days. I have been told many times that I cannot expect the duration of a dedicated reader in an android tablet, but I cannot see why not, if wifi is off and there are no active apps and the system is configured in a smart way.

Quote:
Boox Leaf 2
Thank you, it is in fact one of those I have found in my searches, but I was hoping for more details

Quote:
dont trust sleep by cover.
...this may actually be one of the problems I had with my poke3 – if I have problems with my next device I will try and experiment with explicit sleep rather than sleep by cover (which is actually quite convenient, but ok, I may take it as a test).
OneiroDancer is offline   Reply With Quote