View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #13
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
The epub looks perfect in Adobe Digital Editions. I'm not sure about the mobi converted file though.

In Kindle for PC, the mobi shows a square box like a typical missing character before each em dash. When I check it with Kindle Previewer though, it looks perfect in all 3 choices whether Paperwhite, Kindle or KindleDX.

I'm not sure I should risk the odd boxes or spacing issues for some people now, or if it's better just to let the orphans stay as they were.

Edit: The above results were converting as "old" mobi type, which I usually prefer to keep the file size down. I then converted it as "both" in the Calibre options and now in the Kindle Previewer, the Paperwhite view shows a space before each em dash. All else looks the same as in the "old" mobi format. I really didn't expect to see a difference there, but glad I tested it.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 12-20-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote