View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #14
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSmillie View Post
Given how popular things like Facebook and Twitter have become, I expect those who use these things find it a nice feature to be able to go straight from reading the book to writing about it on their Facebook page, or tweeting about it. Particularly if they're using their Kindle while out and about, and can connect there and then, on the Kindle itself.

I don't use these tools myself, and I entirely agree that it would have been nicer to have the option to switch that page off. But I guess unlike some I don't see the existence of that page at the end of a book as a major invasion of or blight on my reading experience - I simply page back - one click and the page is gone. I'd feel quite differently about it if I had to follow a series of links to get away from that page, but that isn't the case. Hardly even takes a moment's thought or effort.
I actually agree that it's likely a fun thing for the twatters and facebook users out there. I don't use either because, well I just don't get the attraction. A comedian the other night described twitter as something along the lines of twitter being a way to gossip about people and facebook as a way to stalk and spy on people. hehehehe....

But I just have the activation turned off and actually have never noticed, I'll certainly look at a few books. But it's nothing to me if it's there. But consider this, obviously this might be the first step toward ads in our ebooks. I imagine both twitter and facebook are PAYING to have this level of access. Publishers might also be ponying up some cash for the feature as well. I just sense it's an on going revenue stream for Amazon. Me? Like I mentioned I just don't have it activated.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote