View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #61
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Will someone tell me what an LTE connection gives over 3G?
The more important question to ask might be what it takes away.

Though I've had a 4G phone since September of 2010, the truth is I rarely use 4G because it eats up battery life. The faster connection's good to have when you're in the wild and a download or update is crawling along, but otherwise, I'd prefer to conserve power for emergencies.

Case in point: The blackout that plagued New York for the past several days, during which my only alarm clock in the darkness was my phone. My sole chance to charge came once every day or two.

Question: How does using LTE impact on battery life?

If the increase in battery use from 3G to LTE is significant, then there's almost no reason to use the latter unless you're at a charging station (in which case you probably have wifi anyway).

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-03-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote