View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 07:58 PM   #39
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Or a sufficiently large enough powerbank. Then you can afford to update every minute even at night.
i have no issue with keeping it plugged in 24/7. so i'm not worried about power saving at all. as it is, e-ink screens are the least power hungry screens available.

as an alternative, i currently use an old android phone with a clock app set with always on display. there's no sim card and it's connected to my home wifi. it's also constantly plugged in for power. i use "Big Digital Clock" by andreas1724 (free on the google play store and currently at version 1.1.1) for this purpose. it's also ad free. no more adjusting any clock in the house twice a year to get the time right.

i'm not the developer nor am i promoting this app in any way. i just like it because
1. it's free
2. it's ad free
3. display color is completely customizable (not limited to a few pre-determined colors)
4. it's simple (just displays the time, 12/24 hour with or without seconds).
5. it will also prevent the screen from going to sleep (blacking out).
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote