View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #13
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
When an author (or, in this case, editor) says, "it was fixed in an update", my only response is, "So? It wasn't fixed in the version I invested my time and/or money into."

I was once asked to read an updated version after expressing my opinion of a book. Not in a million years. Life is too short.
The fixes are for future readers, not past ones. As are any reviews that are left. So a review complaining about something that has already been fixed seems a bit pointless.

I only mention typos when it is a pro-published book. For self-pub (unless they make a big deal about hiring editors) I just send the writer a list of mistakes they made.

Personally, I think if something can be fixed it should be fixed.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote