View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #11
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolande View Post
Flinx, Paola, thanks for your feedback. I'm a novice with these techie things, and they scare me! What are PDF editors?
Paola, how do I know which firmware I am running at the moment? And where do I get the latest Firmware? Is it stable?

I'm just wondering why some of my PDFs read beautifully, are scalable/reflowable, and others are not. Am I supposed to use a particular reader with PDFs?
Hi Yolande,
please take this as a pinch of salt, since I will put my hands on my 360 only tomorrow - but from the "settings" menu there should be something along the lines of "device info" which will tell you what version you have. What most people say here is that 15.3, the latest version, is rock stable (though jackie_w had problems in making the hacked version of adobe work with it - Adobe reader is the software used to view files protected with Adobe's DRM; the "hacked" version, if I got it right, allowes you to use CSS files to customise things like margins, fonts, and the like).
You can download this latest version of the firwmware here, wehre you will also find the instructions for the firmware update (under "upgrade manual") - I am pretty null when it comes to techie stuff, so if I can do it (I updated my PB903), anybody can

A final thing on PDF - as other people suggested on this forum, you can pretty easily remove margins from your pdf files by using briss -pretty foolproof, it should increase readability if you can't reflow your files.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote