View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 06:29 PM   #31
Valerie
Valerie began at the beginning.

Alexander! You mean every hour of every day isn't dedicated to making us happy?!?!?!? ;-)

You've been incredibly generous with your time and this site so please don't stress over it

I have a question, tho. In previous emails, people have asked why some comics don't appear ("This image is currently unavailable..."). What seems strange, if it were a bandwidth problem, is why I'm able to consistently get the comic on my browser but moments later when I try to download it with isilox, I get the "image unavailable" message. I was even able to save the url to my computer (Save as) and all the images downloaded.

Is it possible that there could be other reasons for this problem? I noticed that Baby Blues is almost always unavailable to isilox but not to my browser. Is there a retry setting in isilox if it needs more time to get the image?

And lastly, how did you create a web page that grabs a single comic from multiple sites producing the web page found at turcic.com/avanto/comics.shtml?

Again, thank you for all of your help and please don't ever feel you need to offer us reasons for delays, ok? Take care!
Val