View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #52
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef70 View Post
What is the problem with Linux?

I am using the Kobo Touch on Ubuntu without any problem. The only minor issue was that the Kobo software is only available in 32bit but it works fine on 64bit after installing the i386 compatibility libs. Anyways the Kobo software is only needed to setup the device once. After that, can be fully managed via Wifi (including firmware updates) or using tools such as Calibre
I'm not sure how you were able to download the Kobo software on Unbuntu. When I tried to install the desktop application I only found downloads available for PC or Mac users.

Calibre is a great tool but does not handle DRM to my knowledge and Adobe Digital Editions is also not available on Linux at this time.

I did set up Kobo using a Mac and I have no problems with the Wifi. My concern or better put, my desire is to manage my book collection from my laptop using Linux where I spend 98% of my on-line time.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote