Thread: PRS-950 replacing prs950 battery
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I can understand why someone would be asking this, as I love my 950 to pieces. It is seriously a beautiful device and I love the 7 inch screen. I acquired my 950 last October/Nov and battery life is so far amazing, and I only charge about once every 3 weeks or so at 50%. I don't know what the future holds in terms of ereaders--the glowlight stuff doesn't attract me too much, although if it doesn't affect contrast at all I would think about it--but the only improvement I could think of to my 950 is wireless library book borrowing & ability to download from Sugarsync/Dropbox. PRS-plus is *amazing* and I've replaced fonts with much more readable ones, and truly I can't see future e-ink readers being much better any time soon.

My 505 lasted about 3.5 years before the battery became pretty much unusable (and by that I mean lasting maybe 1-2 days of reading), and it seemed to happen all at once at the end, although I'm sure I had to charge more frequently over time, I didn't notice the battery drain until the very end. I hope my 950 outlasts that (being charged less frequently).
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote