View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 09:56 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
How does one join epub files?

I am currently working on Cousin Pons by Honoré de Balzac for the MR library. This is one of Balzac's last books, and is not divided into chapters.

It is available from the University of Adelaide ebook library as an HTML file of 668kb, and from Wikisource as 17 smaller files.

I find the 668kb file hard to work with, and think my Sony PRS T3 reader will choke on a file that size anyway. Would it be possible to use the Wikisource files by producing smaller ePub files, and making them follow each other in the ebook without needing to start them on new pages?

Cousin Pons was initially published as a serial in the Constitutionel newspaper, so I presume that the Wikisource files are the translations of each episode. I could present them that way, but I'd much prefer to join them all together.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote