View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #6
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboozled View Post
I called the sonystyle store in San Antonio (will be going there in late September). And asked him about refurbs ... he said the outlet store in San Marcos deals in refurbs. He checked their stock for the PRS-505 ... $279 for new in San Antonio or refurb for $269 (with only 90 days warantee) in San Marcus.

At least where I am concerned ... I'd rather get the new for $10 more with a longer warrantee.

I asked if he thought the price might come down once the 300 & 600 hit the shelves. He said the $279 was already a price drop for the 505 from the $299.

YMMV
I ordered a new red 505 from B&H in New York for a total of 256.10 ($249.95 + $6.15 shipping) I had considered calling the outlet but never got around to it. I also saved about $22 in sales tax. And a long drive as well.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote