View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 08:44 AM   #7
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by correoparaappzz View Post
hi, i'm having problems.

i don't the binary part. i downloaded the .exe form the web and put it in "Choose binary".
Now every time i click the plugin icon it opens 2 windows
When I tested on Windows this did not happen to me. Anyway I uploaded a version that adds an additional switch to suppress GUI (-gui-). Please test and report whether you still have the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleAZWorKFX View Post
its missing the plugin does seem to be missing settings that the program has like that OCR (Tesseract) ...
You can use the ocr option by adding the following arguments in the Additional options box (see attached screenshot):

Code:
-ocr m -ocrlan eng
This will be saved along other options in your preset, so you will not need to re-type it every-time. Make sure to change the language according to your needs.

You can use any other command line option you wish in the same way.

I explained in another thread why I did not include the OCR option, so instead of repeating myself here, I quote what I said there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
I opted for now to leave out the OCR option (users can still it manually in the additional options box). The reason is that it has many languages and I am not sure if they are going to be available on every system where k2pdfopt is installed, and what kind of verification I might do to ensure the user settings can be honored. My question is does output of -ocrlang ? differ for system to system? or does the fact that k2pdfopt is installed ensures all these languages are available on all systems?

Quote:
I had to manually setup a save for Presets: Default profile, as it didn't come with a save value and each time I open k2pdfopt Plugin ..
The new version I just uploaded does remember you last settings. Test and see whether it works for you.

Quote:
one thing I am not sure about when it comes to tesseract is done k2pdfopt 2.55 default to using Tesseract v5.3 "best" or is there a setting somewhere you need to tell it to use, also is the newest version the best when converting pdf files that don't have OCR in them? since the click on box doesn't have much of the way of settings for OCR besides 50% CPUs and Fast button, I noticed that clicking on Fast button seems to make it better for pdf files and edge's read aloud feature, otherwise if Fast is not clicked on its not better at reading back words, I am not sure why this is, since I would think Fast is a lower quality but it seems to help it to read some words in some pdfs files, for me at least I had noticed that.
These are questions pertaning to the original program. Willus has a page for k2pdfopt in this forum where you can ask questions. I encourage you to read k2pdfopt help page before asking any questions.

I can give you a couple of pointers, regarding the fast option here is the relevant part from k2pdfopt help page:

Quote:
k2pdfopt will download training files from github as needed. You can append -fast to the training file name to get the fast version, otherwise the best version will be downloaded.
As for the CPU option, you can specify it also in the additional opts box as follows:

Code:
-nt -50
Which would use 50% of the available threads, you can read more on this in the k2pdfopt help page.

Finally note, that as of now, the plugin is not tied to any particular version of k2pdfopt. You can use whatever version you want and it will be called by the plugin. Any missing options you want, just add as illustrated above in the OCR bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	40
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	206435  

Last edited by capink; 02-17-2024 at 11:02 AM.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote