View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
At the moment, I don't have any plans to send annotations back to the devices. You are right about the complexity of code. But, the plugin is for multiple device types and can support apps. It would be impossible to send the annotations back to a Kindle or a tolino in a useful way. The real storage for the annotations is not usable on these devices. For a Kobo, it wouldn't be that hard, but would require storing a lot more information.

Any real changes for the plugin are a little on hold at the moment. There are major updates to viewer in calibre coming. At that time, I'll look at whether I can make the annotations viewable there.

In the meantime, if you want to backup annotations for epubs, you can backup the contents of the "Digital Edititions/Annotations" directory. There will be a file for each epub that has been opened with the annotations in it. These can be restored to the device, or another Kobo, and the annotations will be read when the book is opened.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote