View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #150
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed the process. It gave me a real boost at just the right time.

And Geoff, I've been looking at my comma use and cutting down on the run-on sentences. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
[...]Would it be an idea to close these two threads, and start a thread where people can submit drafts for critique, attaching them to their posts? Then, if one has time, a draft can be read and commented on.
I think we might as well close.

I've never been sure of exactly where the lines here fall with regard to asking critiques in a more general post. Some have asked for cover critiques, but you can do that without links back to your own site, whereas stories would need an external link - but whether that means that doing it via dropbox or something would be okay, I don't really know.

My guess is that something less specific than this anthology could be too open to abuse - with people putting up stories for promotion purposes rather than actually/genuinely looking for critique. You could say that the existing self-promotion subforum has this capability already - I've seen some (minimal) critiquing happen there - but people doing actual promotion there might feel they were getting pushed out if lots of conversation went on with critiques.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote