Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
On the glo, the home screen looks very different.

The Reading Life button is now in the middle. On the right is a sync button (as mentioned by another poster). The huge difference is that instead of to the right of READING (at the top) being "recommended" or whatever it was with a number beside it, it is now called "bookstore" and it has all the functions used to download or look for new books using wi-fi. when you go into that tab (for me at least) it doesn't have a list of useless recommended books which it used to, but just says "save on your first book" and a button to "browse offers"...then at the bottom has 3 button menus, DISCOVER (which pops up as "similar books" and "recommended for you"), BROWSE (with categories, reading lists and free books) and SEARCH which directly goes into searching in the store.

The fact that they've made 2 useful home screens, is great in my opinion...and i'm sure the people who never want to look for books on their reader will be loving it just as much (as it is slightly hidden)!!
Good on them...

The only update i don't like is that if you are looking for books through the library, go into a book, there is no longer a "back to library" function, as it has the reading info there ....home button in that corner has also been replaced, but as there is always also the home button at the top left, it is less important.....
i would like an "always back" functioning button, personally.....
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote