View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
OK, I'm going to need help with this. The instructions say:

Installing the voice package
Here are the steps to install the new voice package:
  1. Download the needed voice package (a file with .pbi extention) from our website.
  2. Connect your PocketBook to your PC and copy the file to the root of the device.
    HW models: PB602, PB603, PB902, PB903
    FW models:2.0.3
    Important! The file has to be located in the reader’s internal memory, not on the memory card!
    Important! Operational system can use only 4 voice packages at a time. In order to install a new language, one of the existing voice packages has to be removed.
  3. Turn on the reader, go to the Library menu (icon LIBRARY), choose the file, open it and prompt the installation.
  4. After installation of the voice package, open Configuration > Speech Synthesis and choose the installed voice package.

I tried to follow the instructions, but could not access the root of the device. When I connect the IQ, I can only access the internal and external cards, not the root.

I went back to the pdf file and saw that the hardware listed included only PB602, PB603, PB902, PB903, not PB701. So does this mean that TTS won't work for the IQ? I am very disappointed by this.

I'd appreciate instructions on how to install TTS on the IQ, and if it's not yet possible, when can it be expected?
citac is offline   Reply With Quote