View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 10:32 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert LeRoi View Post
The determining factor for me is which of the two devices would be most appropriate for reading books borrowed from public libraries (in Belgium). I have read that the Kobo deforms ePub books that do not come from Kobo, increasing or decreasing the space at the top and foot of the screen.
I have no idea where you get that from. The Kobo ereaders display epubs as they are coded. There are a couple of bugs, but, in general, if you see weird things, it's because the person who created the book did it that way.
[/QUOTE]
I have also read that it is possible to convert a standard ePub format to a Kobo format using Calibre, but I would prefer if possible not to have to use Calibre every time I borrow a book.
[/QUOTE]

Strictly, you can't use calibre with borrowed epub. They have DRM and the creator of the DRM stripping tools discourages their use on library books. That means you would need to use ADE to get the book onto the device. The alternative
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote