View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 07:45 AM   #979
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Add a Column to a User Category

I need a plugin that will add a selected column value (built-in or custom) for the current book to a selected User Category. FX: Add the current book's '#ships/Ships' custom column value to the 'Ships to Watch' User Category. Doing this via the Manage User Categories function is quite cumbersome.

The existing User Category plugin is not suitable because it does not support having custom columns in User Categories. This deficiency was raised in that plugin's thread last October, but no one has offered to update it. The existing plugin has Remove and Move functions, but I rarely use them, so I have no problems using Manage User Categories function for those functions.

Adding support for custom columns to the existing plugin would probably require a major revamp of its User Interface, which could irritate users who are happy with it as is. Hence my preference for a separate Add only plugin.

I'm really hoping someone can help me out with this.

TIA

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 03-28-2017 at 05:35 AM.
Tanjamuse is online now   Reply With Quote