Thread: Why Jail Break?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbp View Post
There are a couple of very good reasons I jailbreak mine (maybe more iphone specific):

1) A custom "hosts" file to stop ads from loading while browsing
2) Openssl (I keep my passwords stored in an encrypted file)
3) Using my iphone as a way to connect my laptop to the net. With an unlimited data plan its pretty useful.
4) Backgrounder. I use it to run last fm or pandora to run in the background, so I can browse and listen to music at the same time.
Thanks mpb. Number 2 would be nice to have. I found a GUI for the actual jailbreaking. Is there a popular app site for the jailbroken?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote