View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmemcpy View Post
I have the same problem - I live in Israel and although my Kindle is registered on the Amazon site (under "Manage your Kindle"), the device itself needs to be registered as well. When I try to access the Settings menu, it wants to register the Kindle before allowing me to do anything else in the settings. Since there is no Whispernet - I am unable to register, and I'm sure that's the original poster's (Bjorn) problem.
Can you elaborate a little? I assume this means you can't set the Device Niame, Device E-mail, or Personal Info? When you hit Menu, do you get options Turn Wireless On, Shop in Kindle Store, Disable Annotations Backup, Update Your Kindle, Restart, Reset to Factory Defaults, Legal, Sync & Check For Items?

Anyway, regardless, you can still load and read Amazon and other content to the device via USB.

Last edited by sirbruce; 03-15-2009 at 02:40 PM.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote