Thread: Calibre 4.2
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 03:27 AM   #60
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
It would be surprising if a GT730 could not handle the new Calibre software while the much older and the contemporary aged boards I tested can. Maybe you have something else amiss (I think you have hinted at other problems?).

@deback - I think you need to resolve the conundrum of why you built a system that appears to be plenty good enough to run Windows 10 64 bit yet you installed Window 10 32 bit.

Maybe you use a 'hard wired' 32 bit app - are there such things? I have almost 30 installed 32bit apps and several 32bit 'portable' apps all of which just run - no compatibility mode, or run as administrator - out of the box, the oldest of which I last downloaded in 2002.

Calibre 4 64 bit runs on my Alienware Alpha (Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M), albeit slowly - but that's been the case since I got it (about when V3 was released) - but I didn't get it to run calibre.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote