Thread: Calibre 4.2
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 09:48 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
It's not a slow system; it's a fast system. It's not a slow hard drive; it's a Samsung 500GB SSD. It's not a lack of memory; I have 16GB of RAM, even though it's using less than that because I'm using 32-bit Windows. Everything is fast on my system, except for this new "refresh" problem in the File Preview window in version 4.0 and later. This doesn't happen in 3.48. I have a hard time believing that the code was written to first look at default HTML styles and then refresh the preview window using the ebook's stylesheet.css codes after every edit.
It very well could be a lack of memory as 32-bit Windows are limited to 3GB. Calibre 4.x is a total under-the-hood change from previous Calibre. Calibre 4.x now uses QT webengine because the other QT Calibre was using was rather buggy and is not really supported. So a change had to be made.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote