Thread: Calibre 4.2
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I respectfully disagree with this assessment. Iíve seen it a couple of times on my netbook, but chalked it up to my computer needing a second to redraw the display. Atom processor, low memory, nondescript videoÖ it makes sense. Limited resources take their toll in the form of time.

While itís true that offloading that task to a GPU can speed it up and make the refresh effectively invisible, thatís not at all the same thing as blaming the slow refresh on an outdated driver.

I will observe that I did not see this two-step refresh on 3.x, though. I can definitely tell that calibre 4.xís rendering engine is first displaying the default HTML styles, then applying the ebookís stylesheet(s) with a refresh.
Do you think it might be that deback is on 32-bit Windows instead of 64-bit Windows where it could take advantage of the 16GB of ram his system has?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote