View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 07:55 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'll investigate the parameters used to passively run the vc++ installer and see if anything has drastically changed for the 2017 version. I know there's a /norestart flag, but that's never been used in the past because an automatic, unprompted reboot was never even a possibility. If microsoft has added the possibility of an automatic, unprompted reboot to the vc++ 2017 installer, it's news to me (and would be pretty sneaky). The /norestart flag is typically used to avoid the "You need to reboot" prompt. Something I never bothered to suppress in the past because a) a reboot might actually be necessary (and choice is good), and b) there was no such thing as an automatic unprompted reboot to worry about.

I'll investigate (as well as monitor how many experience any unprompted reboots).
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote