View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 02:12 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Windows Install did an abrupt restart

Upgrade 64 bit 0.9.13 to 0.9.15 on Windows 10 Pro Version 1809

No harm done... but....
  • Immediately after installing the 2017 C++ runtime library the install initiated a system restart
  • I managed to cancel it from the grey screen, I didn't catch what it was waiting for as I wanted to cancel toot sweet
  • When I got back to the desktop a popup was there asking if I wanted to do a restart now or do it myself later.
  • I responded with No I'll restart later.
  • I had a look to see what was still running, almost everything I had running had been closed including the Sigil installer - the exception was the C++ runtime installer, which was waiting for a response to the "Do you want to do a restart now or later" popup message - but something had pre-empted it.

I think someone might have had something similar with the 0.9.14 release, which I skipped.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-26-2019 at 02:34 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote