View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #8
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Guess I will stay with LRF. I have just converted a book to EPUB using the default settings of HTML2EPUB, and I am quite disappointed. The speed is pretty good, except that the Reader does not parse the whole file at once - instead it "reformats" the book every time I try to follow a link. Apparently only some parts of my CSS file get interpreted (e.g. blockquotes are beautifuly formatted according to my specs while regular paragraphs are not). It seems images are displayed in full size while in LRF generated from the same HTML file the images are resized to fit the screen. But the most serious issue is that in EPUB, certain national characters are not displayed correctly - but they work perfectly in LRF. It may be that HTML2EPUB incorrectly detects encoding (the incorrect characters seem to be those few which are different in Windows-1250 and ISO-8859-2), I don't know. Still, the poor formatting and very poor performance with links seem like a serious problems with the Reader itself.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote