View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Especially in this case eBook buyers who don't own a Kindle/Kindle Reader. Due to DRM and the legal issues of shifting the format, it makes the product unavailable to them. ie ... nook/iPad/Sony people are locked out of the availability unless they want to get shifty.
While I am all for the author/publisher/distributer 's right to sell something they own in any way they want to, I might be obsessive enough about a certain book to get a bit shifty myself. Damn shifty in fact if I had already bought the book being unaware of the format, although I prefer the word proactive
Especially if I ran out of books to read and the library was closed.

If you legitimately acquire the book you have, IMO, an implied right to read it even if you know it is mobi to start with.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote