View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 06:36 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't know anything about this firmware, but it might not be intended for all. My Firma which is running 4.11.11980, doesn't get offered this 4.11.11982. But, testing the updates, only Forma's with an affiliate of "rakutenbooks" running 4.11.11980 will be offered 4.11.11982. Forma's running firmware from before 4.11.11980 will be offered 4.11.11982.

My take on this is that the change is something specific to the Japanese market or language. It is probably not considered dangerous to others but, not important enough to force an update on other users.

I have asked Kobo about it. I'll report when I get anything that I can share.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote