View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
For me, an ideal app would be something that I could take notes on, and then import those notes to my computer. Unfortunately, with the exception of the rather rudimentary notes, I haven't really found that app yet. The main note taker that I use is awesome notes, which at least lets me organize my notes. It also syncs with evernote and google docs, so I can get my notes to my computer in a round about way.

I also use evernote since that's supported on just about every platform there is. It works well enough. I prefer Yojimbo on the Mac, but Yojimbo for the iPad is readonly, which greatly reduces it's usefulness.
Have you tried Simplenote? It works on a lot of devices including Mac, I don't know about Windows though. And you can also access your notes from a browser. The drawback is that you have to open yet another account and let them host your notes, but it's free. Many other notes apps also sync to Dropbox, often in plain text format which is my preferred solution, that way you can be sure your data is accessible at any time from anywhere.

Another service that has a cloud server you can access on a browser is Momonotes. I don't remember if they have desktop apps though.

I registered on Evernote, but I'm not using it much. As I said, I prefer Dropbox because it's supported by so many different apps.

Last edited by FlorenceArt; 07-28-2012 at 12:44 PM.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote