View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 08:08 AM   #9
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPaul View Post
Very interesting!
How did you do that?
My favorite grouping criterion is the series. Can I do that?
Thanks in advance.
There are 2 Calibre things I do to help me find my books on my Tolino:

1. In the metadata plug boards section of Calibre Preferences, I created a plugboard so that the name of my books in Tolino includes the series (if there is a series) - my format for the plugboard is {title} {series_index:0>2s|[|] }{series:|| }

2. To create a collection on the Tolino one customizes the Tolino device interface in the plug-ins section of Calibre Preferences. (To find the interface just go to the plug-ins section and search for Tolino - there is only one Tolino Interface plug-in).
Once you have found the plug-in you need to select the Customize option, then within that ensure "Read Metadata" and "Use Sub-Directories" boxes are ticked and in the space below create the folder template for how you wish to sort your collection.
As an example, my template is - Shelf / {tags} / {Title} {series:|| } {series_index:0>2s|[|] } {authors}.

The "Shelf" element is to name the new folder, then I have the books sorted by tag, title etc taken from the field names Calibre uses.

NOTE: this will not work for books already on the device, so if one wants to have it apply to all your Calibre sent books I discovered one must first delete any such existing books on the Tolino and this deletion MUST be done via the Tolino's own delete function (fortunately there is a 'select all' option on the Tolino), NOT via Calibre (deleting through Calibre does not remove the Tolino's hidden record of the book and its metadata which the Tolino will keep using).

It took me a couple of practises synching just two or three books at a time before I got the formatting of the template to show the collection and book name exactly as I wanted them. (I was working off a Google translation of German instructions I found on the lesen.net site). However, it has worked perfectly ever since.

I hope this is of some use.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote