View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 12:56 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
On the book I'm currently reading, every few pages the first line of the page is cut off, essentially making the book unreadable.

The text is there -- if I change the font size down to the practically unreadable XS I can see the sentence. I then change it back to S so I can see the text without stress.

It is a book I bought as an DRM'd mobi, then de-DRM'd and used Calibre to convert to epub. I wound up going back to Calibre and converting the original mobi to lrf and the book now reads fine. However I was wondering if anyone would know why that happened and how I can avoid it in the future.

-Marcy
I've had this happen where a quarter of the page was off the screen. I used the debug setting in Calibre, pointed it to a directory then examined the html. In my case it was something block ... ~ I don't remember but I was able to junk most of the BS in the file via notepad++ and then I was fine.

You could try and convert the LRF to epub.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote