View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 06:19 PM   #1
Cat_Turbo
Cat_Turbo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1;Onyx Boox M96 Plus (broken)
Screen replacement of Onyx Boox M96 Plus

Hello together

I know this is a very delicate question. There are a lot of people who will now say something like: “ship it to Boxtor or to another store and let them do the repair for you." And they were right if I still would need the device. But I broke the screen about a half year ago and until now the device was in a drawer. In fact, I've even considered to let it repair in Boxtors shop (the place where I bought it, very good service ), but in my opinion the repair was, especially with the shipping costs and the costumes (I live in a country where shipping to other countries is very expensive) too pricy.
So now I've got the time and the motivation, so I would like to do the repair myself.
I know that I can't only replace the screen, I need to adjust the residual charge compensation voltage VCON if the voltage of the new screen isn't the same of my screen. Now my question: How do I can change this voltage.
Is it possible to do this with sort of a test mode app (for example used in a Sony PRS T1, explained in its service manual, page 11)? Or do I have to flash a chip like it is described in this topic for the M92?
Would it be possible to do it with the recovery update, like for the M92, too? And where can I download the update for an M96 Plus?

Thank you very much for a response.
Best regards and have a nice Sunday
Cat_Turbo
Cat_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote