Thread: PRS-600 K guys, tell me what to do
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #11
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctol View Post
Questions. Did you by chance upgrade your system to XP or did it come pre-installed on your Dell? If you upgraded did you buy an off the shelf version and installed it or did you get your upgrade from Dell? Did you recently upgrade your usb drivers? If yes to either of these questions then that could be your causing your problems. Sometimes off the shelf versions do not upgrade all of your drivers to the correct ones. The Dell version of XP should have contained all of the correct usb drivers. If you recently upgraded your usb drivers go into device manager and see if the old drivers were properly uninstalled. If you still have the older drivers installed they could be conflicting with the new ones. Try uninstalling either the older or newer ones if both are present and see if that takes care of your problem. Hope this helps to solve your usb issues.

No, everything's been the same, I haven't upgraded anything (kinda unskilled in that department).

jswinden- "It definately sounds like a Windows driver problem. If you haven't already done so, I suggest unplugging the cable and Reader and then restarting the computer. Windows sometimes gets confused about ports and a restart helps it sort things out. After it restarts, try plugging in the cable and Reader again."

I tried that and it still does the same thing. I unplug the reader and cable and shut down the computer. I turn it back on and wait until everything's done, then I plug in the cable and reader. Sometimes it won't make any sound but a bubble will pop up that says "something about having a problem with new hardware/installing new hardware." Errrrrrghhhhh!!!!!!! I haven't had any problems like this happen. Anyone live close by? Feel like comin over and taking a peek, lol!?
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote