View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Of course, I am not sure I want 20k book records cached in memory. I prefer a smaller memory footprint.

BOb
You can have either speed or decreased memory consumption, not both. I vote for speed since the size of a typical cached record is about 300 bytes on average (it of course depends on average title/author/publisher/tags lengths) which gives about 5MB of RAM for 20000 records.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote