View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 10:27 AM   #22
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Thus, there's no reason to stop using them for the present. IMHO, that is. Unless/until all the KF7 and KF8 devices disappear, they're still needed. No?
I may not have been clear enough in my previous post.

Most of the media queries in the KindleMediaQueries.mobi book mentioned in this thread deal with things like screen resolution and orientation. That sort of media query will not work in actual published Kindle books in most cases because the MOBI7 and KFX formats do not support them.

The best use for media queries in the Kindle ecosystem is to tailor books to the capabilities of Amazon's various formats rather than specific devices. "@media amzn-mobi" targets MOBI7 format and "@media amzn-kf8" targets both KF8 and KFX formats. Those media queries have an important purpose in making books look as good as they can in each format. I encourage their use.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote