View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 06:12 PM   #2308
macsek
eReader fan
macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Currently using Kindle PaperWhite 4 /32. Also have a Kobo Aura One
Smile It did work for KV 5.8.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Software jail break for the 6th, 7th, and 8th generation devices listed in the title.

Will this jail break work on my current firmware?
Find the current firmware version number shown on the "Device Info" panel.
The period (".") characters are not decimal points, they are field separators.
Open the following spoiler and compare numbers as described:
  • 5.a.b.c.d : Is first number anything other than 5?
    This jailbreak will not work.
  • 5.8.b.c.d : Is number larger than 8?
  • 5.8.7.c.d : Is number larger than 7?
  • No numbers for the ".c" and ".d" fields.
    This jailbreak will work.
  • 5.8.7.0.d : Is number larger than 0?
    This jailbreak may or may not work. Unknown.
  • 5.8.7.0.1 : Is number larger than 1?
    This jailbreak may or may not work. Unknown.
  • Have you reached the end of this list without encountering a "will not work" number?
    Did not find a number commented as "will not work": This jail break will work.
  • Reached the end of this list, but encountered a "may or may not work" comment?
    Found a number commented as: "may or may not work".
    Then it may or may not work, try it and tell us in this thread.
    You can tell if it is working by how long it takes to perform the update to the factory, production line, firmware.
    Less than a few minutes? It did not work.

With the one special exception: Firmware 5.8.9.0.1 with build ID: (3175970011) - On which this jail break works.

I have successfully installed this JailBreak on my new Voyage (9013), which ran 5.8.9 initially (different build number ID, not 3175970011), even if 5.8.10 was out some days.
I have read about it on MR Forum (post of coplate) this theoretically could work as this was the firmware it was shipped with.
So I was able to downgrade to factory_KV_5.5.0_initial, following all the steps and finally I have a working JB, KUAL, KOReader, on a 5.8.10 firmware.

big thanks to knc1

Last edited by macsek; 07-24-2017 at 06:16 PM.
macsek is offline   Reply With Quote