View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #2303
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Hi all, I've been doing more research today, and I think I have some to a semi-useful conclusion.

We now believe that 5.8.9.0 direct from the factory is also capable of downgrading to the factory images that we have a copy of.

I am willing to stat that I believe the following:

Quote:
Any software available at first-boot will be capable to downgrade to a factory image.
The reason I believe this is simple. FB02 software image is the only one we are ware of that does not require a signing key installed on the device. This is obvious, because form the factory, there will be no software key installed on a device, until AFTER the first software.

And the protections for this do not get applied until after a non first-boot software is installed.

If we were to get ahold of this 5.8.9.0 version, I would believe that it also would have file type of FB02.

So, I think this is good news for anyone buying new hardware of these versions that we do have factory images for, that it would not necessarily be limited to just the 5.8.9.0, but anything that may ship from the factory.

Again, this is just a guess, but I am pretty confident in it. At least unless amazon changes production methods to install an initial version, and then upgrade to another version.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote