Old 06-14-2017, 02:31 PM   #42
Playster
Customer Support
Playster began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I am using the Android app.

The sound is still on the low end, but is now better--possibly the issue was my phone and not the app.

I thought the books were downloading to the SD card, but I was apparently mistaken--seems that they're going to internal memory, which is an annoyance, because I have limited internal memory and plenty of space on the card.

It's annoying that with a downloaded book, I get weird pops of noise between chapters; I've also occasionally had some skipping and hesitations--and when I go back, it plays OK. This tends to happen at the beginning of a chapter. I could understand it if I were streaming, but I'm not (wifi is turned off).
Thanks for this feedback, it's greatly appreciated!

The sound issue is most likely your device – it's the first we've heard of this one, but we'll definitely look out for it in our cross-device testing.

The experience accessing download content is something we'll be working on over the next few weeks, and then improving with a new release. We'll also look into the issue you raised regarding the popping noises.

Unfortunately, we're limited by our distributor as to where audiobooks can be downloaded – for now, anyway. We believe this is a measure to deter users from sharing and duplicating the downloaded content.
Playster is offline   Reply With Quote